Mia del Moore lives in the department of Magdalena, as a Practical English for Success volunteer.
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Equipment needed: blender or food processor
For the Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- As many or as few vegetables you want to use, such as: broccoli, peppers, green onion, red pepper, white onion, green beans, carrots, peas (canned corn, but throw this in at the very end just to heat), all cut into small pieces
- 2 dientes (cloves) garlic, minced
- Glug of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3-4 glugs soy sauce
- 1/3 breast of chicken cut into small pieces
For the Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 diente (clove) garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter (or creamy – I just like the peanut chunks)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown or regular sugar
- Heat olive oil on medium and throw in minced garlic along with any vegetables you choose to use. Cook veggies until soft on medium heat (5-6 minutes).
- Blend or process cauliflower to rice sized pieces and add to the soft vegetables. Allow cauliflower to cook thoroughly/soften (about 6-7 minutes)
- Add chicken and allow to cook (5 minutes)
- Make a hole in the middle of the pan pushing veggies and chicken to the side. Crack the egg in the middle and allow to set. Scramble by folding veggies into egg.
- Pour in 3-4 glugs of soy sauce
- Stir everything. Add salt, pepper, and pepper flakes to taste and stir a little more.
- Make Thai Peanut Sauce by blending all its ingredients above.
- Serve and top with Thai Peanut Sauce.